Social Butterflies with Kelly Zimner
Wednesdays 4:00 pm-5:00 pm
February 8th - March 29thSIGN UP / LOG IN TO CONTINUE
Children of all ages thrive and excel with routine. When they know what to expect, they feel optimistic, motivated and at ease! Each lesson of our program follows a specific routine to have our learners feel confident, excited and positive!
15 minutes Free Exploration: There will be a variety of stations of activities for the butterflies to explore and enjoy! On their own or with friends they will explore the target social theme of the week. Each activity will meet the needs of all our amazing multiple intelligence learners ! Through visual, verbal, kinaesthetic and hands on activities, your child will love exploring our social theme!
15 minutes: Circle Time! Our main theme will be presented through an engaging and hands-on lesson with the whole group!
15 minutes: Science/Art based Exploration: Our butterflies will further develop their understanding of the lesson’s theme with a choice of an art or science based activity. This section of the class will foster exploration, knowledge and independence !
5 minutes: Clean up
10 minutes: Group Review Game
After each lesson each butterfly will take home a learning gift to help them practice what they learned that day!
Themes of the week: Emotions, Respect, Active Listening, Conflict Resolution, Friendships, Manners & Flexibility
- Capacity inside Smartiepants will be 12 kids, capacity inside SmartieGym will be 15 kids
- Children may be allowed to bring an allergen-free snack & water to class (age/class dependent)
- Commercial grade HEPA-Filters will be running all day
- Please do not come to class if you or your child are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, Flu, RSV etc. (runny nose, sore throat, cough)
- Smartiepants/SmartieGym reserves the right to cancel a program due to insufficient enrolment (you will receive a full refund)
- If the session/pro-rated classes are cancelled due to a government-mandated shut down – Smartiepants/SmartieGym will offer you alternative programming in lieu of classes or will provide credit options
- If your child is absent from a class, we are unable to provide makeup classes or credits/refunds – Up to 1 free drop-in per session, per child may be offered at our discretion
- There is some free and some paid street parking surrounding each location; GreenP Location ID’s: Smartiepants: 6130, SmartieGym: 6102 or 6143
- Strollers are to be parked outside of Smartiepants/SmartieGym – feel free to bring a stroller lock in order to lock your stroller to the bike rack. Smartiepants/SmartieGym is not responsible for any loss or theft of items left outside